The System Utilization Report is used to observe how heavily the system is being used.
From the landing page, select the ‘Utilization’ link:
There are two key metrics here: Actions Pressed per Patient by Site(1) and Visits Per Patient(2).
1: Icons Selected per Patient
- This is the average number of icons used per patient. This number should be over 1.75.
2: Badges per Patient
- Green: average number of times that a support staff (nurse, medical assistant, etc.) badges in per patient. This number should be over 1.
- Blue: average number of times that a provider badges in per patient. This number should be close to 1.
- Stop using the communication options in the EMR as much as possible and replace it with SyncTimes.
- Hold staff meetings where providers and support staff can brain storm and decide what each icon will be used for.