Departments can be edited on the SyncTimes admin page.
To get to the departments page, select ‘Departments’ from the menu on the left.
Next, navigate to the department you would like to edit, or search for it in the search bar at the top.
Once the department is selected, a window will open with the department information that can be edited.
A few things to note with editing departments:
- Managing icons is also done in the department edit view. To learn more about how to do this, visit our article called, Managing Icons.
- The “Leave Staff In Room” section allows the device to leave the staff icon in the room even if the patient is done and checked out of the room. You’ll want to leave this section as “False.”
- The “Show Survey” section offers the option for a smiley face survey to pop up on the inside device screen. This is so the patient can offer feedback at any point during the visit when a staff member is not in the room.
- The Front Desk Integration section can remain as “False” unless your organization has opted to use this option. To learn more about what it means to integrate the front desk with SyncTimes, click here.
- The “Patient Education URL” section offers the option for a website to pop up on the inside device screen after the patient completes the survey, or if your department chooses not to use the survey, the website will display anytime staff in not in the room.
Customizing Flowstation & Exam Room View
Customizing the views of the Flowstation and exam rooms can be done here.
- Modify Actions: This is where icons are chosen and sounds are selected. To add an icon, simply drag the unassigned action to the assigned action section. To remove an action, just click on the red ‘x’ in the top left corner of the icon. To add a sound to the icon, click on the icon to open a window of available sounds. To play a sample of the sound, click on the play button. To select the sound, click on the sound. It will highlight green which confirms it is selected.
- Front Desk Input Fields: This section allows you to customize what is viewed on the input section of the front desk fields.
- Flowstation Patient Identifier: This section allows you to customize what and how patient identifiers are viewed on the Flowstation screens.
- Inside Exam Room Patient Identifier: This section allows you to customize what and how patient identifiers are viewed on the inside exam room screens.
- Outside Exam Room Patient Identifier: This section allows you to customize what and how patient identifiers are viewed on the outside exam room screens.